Nyanko no Doujinshi

にゃん同へようこそ!
Welcome to Nyanko no Doujinshi (にゃん子の同人誌) (or Nyandou (にゃん同) for short) :) I am your host, Nyanko (にゃん子) This is a world of MAGIC and WONDER...erm...no...it's full of doujinshi and reviews...of mostly Howl's Moving Castle doujinshi! Howl ♥


Feel free to post your opinions/reviews about the doujinshi, also!

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Triangle (トライアングル)




Title: Triangle (トライアングル)
Circle: Momozakura
Publisher: Uduki Momozakura
Size: B5
Pages: 36
Type: Offset
Pairing: Howl x Sophie
Rating: G
Publish Date: 05.05.2005
Site: Koharu Biyori is Link Free.

"僕がキレてカブを殺そうとしだす前に。。。” (Before I snap and attempt your murder, Kabu...) Howl, from Triangle.

This is Momozakura's second Howl doujinshi. The first one is "Childhood Dreams"(which I don't have yet :P) . I love the shiny holographic cover on this one :) That's the reason I got it, btw. I don't know much about doujin circles or anything yet, but it looked really fancy and pretty!

The volume contains a single story, a love triangle between Howl, Sophie and... you'll have to get the doujinshi to find out who the third person is! A darker side of Howl and ? is revealed, though this is still only merits a G rating. It's more dramatic than any of the others I've read thus far; quite angsty, really.

There is the barest hint of yaoi in "Triangle" (nothing visually, just a line that makes you think that maybe there's something else going on somewhere...). I don't care, but reading other sites and auctions, it seems some people really do care, so I figured I'd put that out for the people who really do care.

The art was really good, btw. It's a lot like the movie, but slightly shoujo-ized. Howl is very pretty

In short, it's a pretty interesting read. It's a pretty stark plotline; very human, not very fairy tale.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I *love* your website! I love to collect doujinshi, doujinshi review websites are so useful, I'm always scouring the internet for them. Please post more reviews, I love to read them. I bought this doujinshi a while ago and my japanese is pretty weak. You know the line where Sophie says to Kabu
"Kabu...honto ni Howl no koto ga suki nano ne." Is she saying, "you really love Howl, don't you?" I thought maybe I'm wrong since in your review you say theres a little hint of yaoi, but if she says that, thats a really big hint!Hope you update soon!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Nyanko said...

Hello! Thank you so much for your comment :) I didn't think anyone was reading this! I have a whole bunch more Howl dj to review...but not a lot of time :P Still, I'll try to do one this week :) ...maybe I'll do a Loveless one...hmm...

You're right (about the translation)...but "suki" is really "like" and doesn't have to refer to "love"...though in this case I'm sure they are hinting at "love." Yeah, I guess it's kind of a big hint...but I still wouldn't classify it as a "yaoi" story...it's really just a hint :) Some of the other Howl DJ are really yaoi...like the one with three Howl faces on the cover...I forget what it was called... :)

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home