Nyanko no Doujinshi

にゃん同へようこそ!
Welcome to Nyanko no Doujinshi (にゃん子の同人誌) (or Nyandou (にゃん同) for short) :) I am your host, Nyanko (にゃん子) This is a world of MAGIC and WONDER...erm...no...it's full of doujinshi and reviews...of mostly Howl's Moving Castle doujinshi! Howl ♥


Feel free to post your opinions/reviews about the doujinshi, also!

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Color of Heart





Title: Color of Heart
Circle: Unknown Zone
Publisher: Nagata
Size: B5
Pages: 24
Type: Offset
Pairing: Howl x Sophie, Howl Vs. Kabu (haha!)
Rating: G
Publish Date: 01.09.2005
Site: UZ is Link Free.

"貴方何で私の部屋の間取り知ってるの?" (How do YOU know how my room's laid out?!) Sophie, from Color of Heart

There are 4 full color pages at the beginning. They are very abstract (like oils or something. I'm not an artist, so I may be wrong...). I guess you could say they look very grown-up-looking. Well, so is the rest of the doujinshi. It's a very adult manga illustration style. I don't know why, but it reminds me of Cowboy Bebop O_o;

It's a collection of short stories. I'm beginning to understand that this is how most doujinshi work! I initally thought the whole doujinshi would be one yomikiri-like (yomikiri = not serial) story, but I think I was wrong. Satoru: Doujinshi are a collection of short stories. The stories are as follows:
  1. Color of Heart
  2. ちょっと気になった事 (Something that Bothered Me a Bit)
The thing that struck me with this one is how the grammar matches the movie...did that make sense? What Howl "says" matches the way Howl talks in the movie :) You can "hear" the whiney intonation, the raised voice :) It's pretty cool. Well, at least so it seems to me!

Is there such a thing as comic timing in a manga? If there is, it's great in this doujinshi! I really don't know how to explain it...it's just the right things said at the right time. Like recognizeable lines from the movie...at the right time...and it's *grin* very clever. Quite funny. Like I really lol'd. *blush* Gosh, it's just that good. I guess the adult drawing style juxtaposed with the comic antics are just...so way funny *cheesy smile* Gee, I hope I used that big word right...haha.

Someone is selling one with a pub.date of 12.28.2004, so evidentally this isn't a first printing...hmm...I should stop posting pictures with no reviews...I should just do it all at once...I thought it'd be cool, like a preview...but then I have to scroll to see which ones I didn't do... :P

Status: Need to request permission for pictures.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for responding to my other post! I'm reading so keep posting :) I think other people probably read too, they're just not posting comments.
I have this doujinshi too! I really like it, its so funny. Even thought I can't read most of it its still hilarious, especially the egg scene! (I wish they had a scene like that in the movie!) I know what you mean about the art style looking like Cowboy Bebop, I think its cause the artist draws the characters so tall and lanky like Spike. I think Howl would look pretty hot in Spike's suit. I have another one by unknown zone called Inherit the stars (or something) Its pretty good too, more serious than this one, its before the movie, how Howl is battling his inner demons and his childhood memory of Sophie gives him hope. Theres a third doujin by uz on sale at jpqueen right now. I don't think I'm going to get it though cause its listed a HowlXMarkl. I don't mind yaoi, but I don't like the lolicon-type stuff.
Oooo, just one question about this doujin (sorry to bug you)But you know the part where Howl says "that Kabu guy, that time!" then he shakes Kabu buy the collar and starts screaming something and has kanji eyes, what did kabu do "that time"? I can't figure it out for the life of me. Sorry this was such a long post.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Nyanko said...

I've been meaning to reply, but I thought I should try to find the doujinshi first...to answer your question...but my room is too messy and I can't find it...*blush*

Thank you for reading :) I'm sorry I haven't posted more, but my room is currently in a state of...upheaval...and well, I can't find anything. I have a nice box of dj somewhere...just not sure where...which is sad because I haven't read half of them yet.

I always post long things, so I like long posts :)

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home